What can go wrong with a car’s exhaust system?
Call on Accurate Auto in Portland for a thorough examination if you suspect an issue with your exhaust system. These are the issues most likely to arise with your vehicle’s exhaust system.
- Holes in the exhaust system can allow fumes to enter.
- Corrosion, or rust, can damage the components. Cars that are regularly driven short distances are more apt to develop this. Here’s why: when the engine is turned off, the water vapor that is in the pipes condenses to become water. On short trips, it doesn’t become hot enough to turn back into vapor so it stays as a liquid which can cause rust. Salt on the roads can also lead to corrosion.
- Oxygen sensor can wear out.
- Catalytic converter can become clogged.
- Clanging or buzzing noises can indicate an issue.
How are exhaust systems fixed?
Visits Accurate Auto for a professional diagnosis of any exhaust system issues you may be experiencing. Our technicians will determine the right fix, whether it’s a patch or a whole new component.
How can you keep your exhaust system in good working order?
The main way to prevent larger problems is to bring your car in at the first sign of a potential issue. Delaying repairs of your exhaust system can lead to further damage and more expensive repairs.
The professionals at Accurate Auto can help determine how to get your exhaust system back to pristine working order.
Rely on Accurate Auto to make sure your exhaust system is in proper working order. Your fuel consumption and the environment will thank you.
Your exhaust system is vital to help maintain fuel efficiency and to protect the environment and your safety. A properly functioning exhaust system will carry away the harmful gases that are created when fuel and air are burned in the combustion chamber.
Your exhaust system has five main parts that work together to make sure that harmful gases aren’t released into the environment.
- Exhaust manifold
- Oxygen sensor
- Catalytic converter
- Exhaust pipe